Belize Fry Jack Recipe
2 cups of flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening
3/4 cup water
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut the shortening into flour.
3. Add water a little at a time until you get a soft and not sticky texture.
4. Split dough and create two balls.
5. Let the two dough balls sit and rise for at least 15 mins.
6. Spread a little of flour on the countertop.
7. Roll each dough ball out to about 10 inches round.
8. Cut once horizontally and vertically
9. Add a slit to each one (optional)
10.Heat oil so it is HOT!
11.Fry on each side until golden brown.
Serves up to 4